Student Insurance Information for:

Harvey Mudd College

Welcome Students! Please select the name of your program from the dropdown list below

Select Year
Below you will find useful information about the 2014-2015 Harvey Mudd College Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP).


Click here for a brief "snapshot" of the plan, including what's new, what's covered, and important dates and rates.

To view the Plan Brochure click here.


Your permanent ID card will be mailed to you after the start of the term. You can also download a personalized ID Card by clicking here. (Please note that it may take a few days after the term begins for your information to become active.)

If you need to seek treatment prior to receiving your ID card in the mail or the online ID card becoming activated, please download a temporary ID card by clicking here.

If you go to a Doctor’s office, urgent care center, or Hospital, you will be asked for your ID card. Carry your insurance identification card with you at all times.

If you would like to waive out of the Student Health Insurance Plan for the upcoming school year, please CLICK HERE to submit a waiver application or check your waiver status.

Students who are eligible to waive coverage under SHIP must submit a waiver application and all required documentation by the Waiver Deadline Date.

Students who are covered under a health insurance plan that does not meet all of the applicable requirements will not be allowed to waive out of SHIP.

However, if your waiver submission was tentatively denied because you are on a high-deductible plan, click
here to download an appeal form.

Please see the
Waiver FAQ for deadline dates and other important information.

After you receive treatment at a PPO provider, the provider will usually submit the charges directly to the claims administrator for you. In this case, you will receive an Explanation of Benefits indicating what the insurance covered. The provider will then bill you for any remaining charges, such as your coinsurance amount. You do not need to send balance billing statement (after the insurance has paid) for reimbursement, as that is your responsibility to pay.

If you are asked to pay up front or in full for medical treatment you receive, or if the provider does not send the claim to the claims administrator, you will need to submit a claim for the portion of the charges for which the company is responsible. Submit itemized hospital and medical bills with a completed claim form to:

Personal Insurance Administrators, Inc.

P.O. Box 6040

Agoura Hills, CA 91376-6040

If you have questions about the status of your claim after it has been submitted or for any questions about your benefits, please call Personal Insurance Administrators, Inc., at 1-800-468-4343, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (4:00 p.m. on Fridays) PT. Always keep a copy of all documents submitted for claims.

Would you like to learn more about the Affordable Care Act and how it applies to your student insurance plan? Click here for information and frequently asked questions. If you have additional questions, please call us at 1-800-537-1777.